Along with the Head of Retail, assuming overall responsibility for the management and operations of Dover Street Market Los Angeles by leading the team to ensure that all objectives are met. The ideal candidate is someone who can infiltrate the business working at all levels overseeing every detail and working with a firm, clear and very professional management style.
- Partnering with the Head of Retail across all main goals
- Creating a strong team and training them on DSMLA policies.
- Setting the standard for the seamless operation and functioning of the organization from day one.
- Ensure the provision of the very best customer service levels and total professionalism at all times.
- The achievement of key financial targets.
Retail and Customer Strategy Execution
- Analyse store performance, develop, and recommend action plans in support of revenue optimization and retail operational growth. Implement ideas with the Head of Retail.
- Analyse reporting sales of KPI’s, identifying opportunities for growth, sell-through opportunities and sales and profitability improvement.
- Develop, recommend, and implement action plans, including those concerning, marketing, promotional, partner, vendor and sales efforts in support of revenue optimization and retail operational growth.
- Identify trends and opportunities to define changes in process and procedures that drive operations and selling agendas.
- Ensure a world class customer experience exists through effective execution of selling and service culture, continually staying connected to customer needs, anticipating changes, and preparing teams to meet consumer challenges.
- Ensure exceptional operational support to drive sales and service. Manage efficient back of house and ensure consistency with established operational procedures. Identify and execute efficiencies and best practices.
- Facilitate problem resolution on issues related to facilities, maintenance, transaction process, loss and risk management and business partner support.
- Partner with the Head of Retail and Head of Human Resources on performance development plans, employee relations and recruitment.
- Assist to recruit, develop, and retain a team that aligns with Dover Street Market luxury brand image and concept
- Instilling a common sense of standards and creating a culture of professionalism throughout the organization using an industrious, calm, and measured management approach. Encouraging open dialogue.
- Ensuring that all staff and departments are clear on what the standards are and that they are maintained.
- Always maintain the highest standard of housekeeping both on and off the sales floor.
Financial / Reporting
- Together with the Head of Retail, establish monthly / weekly targets to the store, departments and individuals.
- Hold weekly meetings with Managers to review and assess departmental performance.
- Weekly meeting with the Head of Retail.
- Assisting with keeping costs to a minimum.
- Responsible for the correct management of stock systems.
- Providing input for seasonal buying of lines to the Head of Retail.
- Maintaining a high level of vigilance always and ensuring shrinkage is kept to a minimum.
- Formally reporting any losses immediately to the Head of Retail, VP, CFO, Head of Buying & Merchandising, and Head of Security.
- Direct – Assistant Store Manager, Floor Managers, Café Manager, VIP Manager, Concierge Supervisor
- Indirect – All retail staff and Rose Bakery staff
- Constant liaison with office staff
- Financial Targets
- Service and standards
- A well organized and well-motivated store.
Skills and Attitude:
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organized. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Structured and organized, but nonetheless approachable and flexible outlook
- Willingness to work hard to drive the business forward
- Able to work and understand both detailed work and the broader picture
- Capable to work to deadlines / ability to prioritize / optimal time management
- Strong people management skills in a structured luxury environment. Must have a mature, energetic and hands on approach to staff management. Ability to form open, respectful and trusting relationship with all members of the team.
- Capable of analyzing, organizing and planning
- Strong selling ability and exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Energetic and dynamic with an entrepreneurial spirit