The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is the worlds largest nonprofit organization creating educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are visually impaired, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Outreach Services Department.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Outreach Services, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to directors and members of the Outreach Services team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates off-site and on-site meetings, activities, and events. Duties may include hosting; menu planning; document preparation and disbursement; logistics solutions, and communication, assuring that they are accessible and on-brand
- Manages the entire events planning process, including communication, travel arrangements, logistics etc. for large and key events which Outreach Services serves as the host department
- Organizes, prioritizes and responds to phone calls and emails; handles urgent matters as appropriate and in a timely and professional manner using good judgement
- Makes travel arrangements for directors and other staff, including booking flights, hotels, and rental cars. Processes and reviews travel claims for completeness and accuracy
- Assists in the creation of presentations, Excel documents, and other files, assuring they are error-free, visually clear, accessible and brand compliant
- Utilizes solid financial acumen to prepare and review budgets, expenditures, time sheets, grant reports contracts, purchase orders, etc. for approval.
- Provides support and consultation with budgets and finances. Keeps a broad financial and budget picture of the supported departments and provides regular updates to the Sr. Director of Outreach Services
- Prepares, processes, and tracks invoices, credit card charges, and reimbursements, via requisitions. Monitors department accounts routinely for irregularities and prepares recommendations for corrective action. Provides data and reports and communicates to contractors the process for submitting paperwork
- Assists the Census Data and Information Manager and Census EOT Liaison with Quota registration and communication about census with Ex-Officio Trustees
- Advocates for and assures the highest accessibility standards in all communication from APH
- Represents the organization and division by maintaining a positive, professional appearance
- Possesses the willingness and flexibility to adapt to new responsibilities and work across all levels of the organization
- Provides a high level of confidentiality of information related to employee files
- Completes other projects or assignments as directed