Purpose of the Position: The Rainbow Hospice Care Receptionist is primarily responsible for serving as a first impression to persons entering the organization, answering and directing incoming phone calls, and assisting with various office tasks as requested.
Location & Hours: This position is an in-office position and does not have the option to do work at home. Office location is at the Jefferson office. Required hours for the position are 8 am – 4:30 pm, 32-40 hours a week.
Primary & Essential Duties:
- Answer incoming phone calls on a multi-line phone system in a medical office.
- Deal with inquiries from the public, patients, and families.
- Screen and direct incoming calls appropriately to the home care, inpatient and administration staff.
- Take and relay messages as necessary.
- Greet individuals and other persons entering the organization.
- Ensures knowledge of staff in and out of the building and days off.
- Maintains donor database and processes incoming donations.
- General administrative and clerical support to leaders and other staff.
- Prepares letters and documents.
- Receives, sorts and delivers mail.
- Maintains the tidiness of the reception area.
- Assist with fundraising events.
- Prepares and processes bulk mailings.
- Copy machine upkeep and maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.