Parish Office & Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Pastor
The Parish Office and Engagement Coordinator will serve as a vital link between the administrative functions of our parish and the vibrant expression of our Catholic faith within the community. This role encompasses the efficient management of parish office operations while actively fostering and nurturing our faith community's spiritual growth, evangelization efforts, and engagement in accordance with Catholic teachings. This dynamic individual will use his or her administrative skills, bi-lingual (Spanish / English) communication, and work closely with our Parish Priests, Finance Coordinator, Receptionist, and Facilities Manager, as well as many ministry captains and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES include the following: (Note: other duties may be assigned from time to time as necessary and appropriate)
1. Administrative Duties:
- Facilities management, occasionally working with vendors and contractors, in coordination with the Maintenance Staff.
- Identify and implement opportunities to streamline processes and improve overall office effectiveness.
- Assist the Finance Coordinator in preparing and managing the parish budget and financial records and maintaining necessary records relating to finances.
- Coordinate parish calendar and scheduling of events.
- Support the clergy and other leaders in administrative responsibilities, as needed.
2. Parish Connectivity and Engagement:
- In line with the Pastor and Parish Leadership Team, develop and implement strategies to enhance parishioner engagement, participation, and involvement.
- Collaborate with parish staff and ministries to promote parish events, activities, and outreach efforts.
- Support the organize and management of parish events, including education, volunteer, social gatherings, fundraisers, and community-building activities.
- Support and facilitate communication between parishioners, clergy, and staff.
- Explore and implement digital and social media tools to enhance communication and outreach.
- Foster a sense of community and belonging within the parish through various programs and initiatives.
3. Evangelization and Outreach:
- Work with the pastoral team to develop and implement evangelization strategies.
- Promote parish outreach programs and initiatives to the local community.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating evangelization events, workshops, and seminars.
- Collaborate with parish volunteers and leaders to support evangelization efforts.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of evangelization activities and adjust strategies as needed.
- Stay informed about relevant Catholic teachings and practices to support evangelization efforts.
4. Volunteer and Ministry Support:
- In conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator, assist in the recruitment and training of volunteers for parish activities and events.
- Provide support and resources to parish ministries and committees.
- Foster a sense of teamwork and cooperation among volunteers and ministry leaders.
5. Communication and Marketing:
- In collaboration with the pastoral team, develop and execute communication plans to keep parishioners informed about parish news and activities.
- Work closely with volunteer website and social media coordinators to maintain and update the parish website, social media profiles, and newsletters.
- Create promotional materials, such as flyers, posters, etc., to advertise events and initiatives.
- Assist with meeting deadlines for submissions, such as parish bulletin, etc.