**As an organization that provides services to the disabled; our first priority in filling these positions will be to staff the project with individuals who have physical, intellectual or psychological disabilities. Documentation must be provided.**
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – 20-40 hours per week; Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, depending on the needs of the program for part-time or full-time.
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma or GED. Manufacturing experience preferred. Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Perform assigned production/assembly tasks as assigned by Production Coordinator or Warehouse Supervisor. Maintain quality standards of products produced. Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare components. Build, package and assemble products as required for shipment. Safely operate all production equipment as assigned.
- Review products for quality control. Complete rework if necessary.
- Move materials from one location to the next, including raw materials, work in process, and finished products to ensure continuous production.
- Report any production problems to Production Supervisor, Production Coordinator or Warehouse Supervisor.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required in-services.
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Work independently or with a group
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses manufacturing equipment to build components and fabricate or assemble products.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 50 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran
In compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence is adopting the policy that all employees on Federal Contracts or associated with Federal Contracts must be vaccinated or in process of being vaccinated prior to beginning work. Only where there is a bonafide need for a medical accommodation or a sincerely held religious belief will there be an exemption made as long as such an accommodation does not pose an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.