Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Conduct interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning;
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Certifications required within 90 days of hire: Child Abuse Detection & Prevention; CPR/AED, and First Aid; Creating the Member Experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
YMCA OF PORTAGE TOWNSHIP, INC.
3100 WILLOWCREEK RD.
PORTAGE, IN 46368
YMCA JOB DESCRIPTION FOR MEMBERSHIP REPRESENTATIVE – PORTAGE TOWNSHIP YMCA
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift light weight equipment
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds