NEW YORK, NY, US
About Graham Windham
In full partnership with families & communities, Graham Windham strives to make a life-altering difference to children, youth and families affected by abuse, neglect and delinquency by providing each child we serve with a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity and preparation to thrive in school and in the world. With over 600 full-time employees serving children and families in multiple programs throughout Westchester County, Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem, Graham Windham provides an exciting & enriching work experience.
Graham Windham is one of the first organizations in the New York City to implement Solution – Based Casework. Solution – Based casework helps children and families to be the solution to the seemingly insurmountable problems in their lives, from generational cycles of poverty, abuse, and neglect to unemployment, domestic violence, and severe health problems. By recognizing and reinforcing their innate strengths and ability to cope, we at Graham Windham empower them to take the lead in making change in their lives.
About the Program
The Graham Windham Cornerstone program is an afterschool program which provides engaging and appropriately structured activities to youth and families during the after school hours, evenings, weekends, during school breaks and summer.
About the Position
The Afterschool Instructor will work with individuals and small groups of participants under the supervision of the Director. They will provide supervision and instruction to students that will create a positive learning environment & allow for students' personal, social & academic development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare materials & equipment for afterschool instructional activities.
- Create and lead weekly enrichment classes.
- Lead group activities that are age appropriate in an atmosphere where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences, enhancing the social, physical & academic advancement of children in his/her care.
- Maintain a daily attendance log.
- Ensure maintenance of group control.
- Assure group compliance with codes of conduct.