At Bennett Thrasher, we offer the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere. By joining our firm, you’ll have immediate opportunities to collaborate on meaningful work with clients in a variety of industries, and work together with other associates across practices. You’ll not only be able to dive into challenging projects with a diverse set of clients, you’ll also have opportunities to participate in firm activities that reflect your individual passions; from our Business Resource Groups to the BT Foundation.
We work hard to help our clients solve challenges, but we also believe in taking time for what matters and offer benefits for you that reflect this mindset. We offer a competitive benefits program that includes generous vacation time, exceptional opportunities for growth and flexibility in both our dress code and work model. Apply today to learn more about how you can excel in a career with Bennett Thrasher.
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for a Client Accounting Services Associate. Working as part of a team and utilizing resources to add value to clients, a senior will work with daily, weekly, and monthly accounting processes for our client companies to ensure accurate and timely financial reports are delivered. The Senior often leads and trains Staff on basic engagements and performs a detailed first review on those projects.
- Develops effective working relationships with clients and firm associates
- Attends and can participate in client meetings as needed
- Can identify potential tax issues during planning of engagement
- Efficiently reviews accounting documents from staff as a first reviewer
- Accurately performs research and writes technical memorandum in a readable format
- Conducts month end close activities, account reconciliations and supporting schedules
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements and other accounting reports which accurately reflect the financial position of the client
- Prepares and maintains accounting records for clients, including but not limited to accounts receivables, account payable, inventory, cash disbursements and journal entries for transactions
- Reviews accounting documents for accuracy, clarity and compliance with GAAP and client business rules
- Reviews and records payroll registers into the general ledger
- Utilizes excel to interpret and analyze accounting data for reporting or reconciliation purposes
- Mentors Staff and Interns on review notes
- Executes feedback to minimize repeated errors and apply new concepts
- Maintains open communication with management regarding the progress of completion on projects