Summary/Objective: The Environmental Service Manger (ESM) is continuously responsible for housekeeping and laundry functions. The ESM is directly responsible for planning, organizing, directing and supervising department functions and activities. The ESM is also responsible for maintaining quality control in accordance with established standards and policies. The ESM ensures a clean, safe and sanitary environment for patients, residents, staff, and visitors.
Provides customer service as a role model to employees
- Provides customer service education and daily pleasant interactions with all patients, families, employees, guests and volunteers.
- Promotes positive employee relations and morale and is a role model.
Ensures a clean and sanitized environment is maintained in the facility in accordance with standardized cleaning practices, policies and procedures.
- Responds to all Housekeeping pages and calls in a timely manner.
- Trains all employees using developed departmental onboarding policies.
- Covers shifts as needed, providing additional non-scheduled housekeeping help.
- Establishes department routines and work flow patterns. Responsible for posting cleaning and laundry schedules.
- Responsible for scheduling cleaning and laundry procedures in a cooperative manner with personnel in other departments to ensure that normal functions, activities and/or patient/resident care are not adversely affected.
- Responsible for providing the essential equipment and supplies needed to meet the work load and to maintain established standards of cleanliness/sanitation, infection control and safety.
- Ensures medical waste containers are checked daily and disposed of when full.
- Ensures policies and procedures are up to date.
Provides leadership in maintaining a clean and sanitized environment throughout the facility.
- Restocks and orders all housekeeping supplies as needed.
- Coordinates and performs deep cleaning duties on all areas and equipment.
- Ensures daily vacuuming and floor cleaning is performed.
- Assigns and enforces privacy curtain laundering per policy.
- Enforces and adheres to all precautions as per policy.
- Provides and attends all monthly meetings and education as scheduled.
- Keeps accurate records, performs and assigns time studies monthly.
- Meets with key personnel in nursing services to discuss cleaning, schedules, laundry procedures, etc.
Oversees staff to support department operations.
- Interviews and hires staff which support our culture.
- Oversees department training and orientation.
- Evaluates staff within the appropriate time period.
- Addresses employee relations issues according to policy.
- Addresses staff turnover and utilizes retention strategies.
- Maintains an excellent department safety record.
- Creates work schedules.
- Verifies employee time cards.
Oversees financial performance of department(s).
- Prepares and monitors budgets.
- Forecasts revenue and estimates expenses.
- Monitors monthly budget reports. Provides monthly variance reports.
- Measures and evaluates departmental productivity.
Manages opportunities for performance improvement.
- Identifies opportunities for quality improvement.
- Works with others to develop a plan of action.
- Implements changes and monitors results by submitting timely reports to the performance improvement committee.
Other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.