Senior Billing/Accounts Receivable Analyst (Full Time)
Brooklyn, NY, US
Senior Billing/Accounts Receivable Analyst
Reporting Relationship: AR Manager
General Billing and Accounts Receivable/Collections functions for various government and private
Foundation Funding accounts. Experience with journal entries, is highly preferred.
Duties and responsibilities, including and not limited to:
- Responsible for timely and accurate non-profit billing, collections, reconciliation and analytical functions. This will include, but not limited to, accounts for a wide range of programs such as Foster Care, Prevention, After School and privately funded initiatives.
- Collections can require banking functions including deposits & transmittal preparation; completing Cash Receipt entries and reconciliation to Bank Statements and the data in the agency’s fundraising system.
- Responsible for preparation and updating the billings under your oversight to monthly cash flow statement.
- Some Billings can require checking for proper required documentation, receipts/invoices and approvals prior to submission to funders.
- Prepare journal entries for posting to General Ledger
- Follow up on receivables and update AR schedules on a monthly basis.
- Liaison with program staff to provide optimal customer service and collect any outstanding documentation required for billing.
- Must work effectively with all auditors and adhere to strict audit time-line.
- Carry out special projects assigned by AR Manager and Senior Fiscal management.
Must possess the following qualities/competencies:
- Proficient Excel skills – must be able to reconcile accounts
- Knowledge/experience with General Ledger & Journal Entries
- The capacity to understand government rules and regulations and to analyze, synthesize and report on complex data issues.
- The ability to establish strong working relationships and work well with teams and individuals within the agency, government and other social service agencies.
- Must maintain a positive and engaged professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to problem solve and meet deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented with a sense of urgency
- Punctual & Reliable