Senior Billing Manager
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Comptroller
Position Overview: Responsible for supervising the timely preparation and collections of diverse claims to Private Funders, New York City, NY State and Federal agencies for contract services rendered.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the accurate and timely monthly billing submission process, including general ledger entries, for Graham’s grant programs. This includes, but not limited to, claims to Government, and some Private and Foundation Grants.
- Maintains a monthly tracking schedule for all claims
- Take the lead and works collaboratively with Graham’s Funders, Billing agents, IT department, Program Performance Unit, various Programs and other Fiscal Units to identify and resolve any claiming issues, under your oversight, in a timely manner.
- Oversees, records and ensures optimal collections for all claims billed by your team.
- In collaboration with the other AR Supervisor, maintain an Aged Receivables schedule for management monitoring and audit reconciliation purposes
- Oversees, records and tracks the daily cash deposit and reconciliation functions. This will include liaising with Restricted Grants and the Development Department’s (Raiser's Edge Transmittals, Grant Proposals, etc.) personnel
- Responsible for preparation and updating monthly cash flow schedule for CFO
C. Regulatory Functions
- Working in conjunction with the Fiscal Audit unit and the billing team, prepare billing and collection schedules and support documentation for all external and CPA audits.
- Adhere to all funding and accreditation guidelines
- Respond timely to program and funding source inquiries.
D. Other Areas
- Supervise Graham’s NYC Special Billings for Family Foster care programs.
- Carry out selected short and long term special project assignment identified by Supervisors or other senior administrators
- Perform weekly supervision of direct reports using the agency supervision model.
- Minimum 3 years of government or non-profit industry related Billing and contract management experience, and BA/BS degree.
- Require excellent spreadsheet and strong database skills (word processing, spreadsheet and date base applications), as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ensures excellence and continuous quality improvement in operational functions. These areas must attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies and funding sources
- Must have knowledge and experience with General Ledger & Journal Entries
- Strong preference for NYC (ACS & DYCD) and NYS not–for-profit systems, processes and billing practices.
Must possess the following qualities:
- The capacity to understand government rules and regulations and to analyze, synthesize and report on complex data issues.
- The ability to perform complex quantitative/mathematical analysis.
- The ability to establish strong working relationships and work well with teams and individuals within the agency, government and other social service agencies.
- Proficiency in English: written and spoken.
Salary $75,000 - $83,000 + Merit Pay + Benefits