The Superintendent will monitor projects from planning to completion, including tasks such as troubleshooting, budgeting, and scheduling. This role will follow quality standards and ensure safety at the construction site. A superintendent will also communicate and negotiate with external partners, such as vendors to ensure all construction projects are delivered in a cost-effective manner. This role will collaborate with subcontractors to define projects needs and oversee performance. The superintendent will be responsible for the safety of all parties involved, budgeting, organization, implementation and walking of construction projects.
- Plan, organize and direct activities for on-site construction projects completed by sub-contractors as well as monitor work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Manage all or phases of the construction process and the project schedule throughout the course of the project to ensure the project is completed in compliance with the contract terms.
- Assist, review, inspect, and test project systems, materials, documents, techniques, and workmanship to ensure conformance to the plans, specifications, and applicable standards. Includes the Quality Control Plan, review of shop drawings and submittals, field inspections.
- Manage all or part of the cost of planning, design, and construction process to remain within the companys budget, including cost estimating, cost reporting, cost breakouts, pay requests, cash flow analysis, change orders, and forecasts.
- Must have renovation experience in: exterior carpentry and painting; balcony and landing repairs; metal and wood fence installation and repairs; roof installation and repairs; landscape upgrades; foundation and drainage repairs; gutter and downspout installation and repairs; complete interior upgrades; parking lot and sidewalk installation and repairs, exterior lighting replacement, swimming pool and pool deck repairs, leasing and fitness center renovations and more.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Ability to communicate and work with on-site staff, subcontractors, and inspectors to ensure completion of task.
- Implement and monitor procedures to protect the health and safety of job site team members, visitors, and the general public.This includes job site safety plan, safety inspections, subcontractor insurance compliance, OSHA compliance, and maintaining current OSHA training.
- Thorough knowledge of construction techniques and the ability to derive the most efficient method of completing tasks.
- Implement the terms and conditions of the contract based upon established systems, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.