Leadership position that is responsible for overseeing and optimizing the day-to-day business operations of the WHRO newsroom. This position will work closely with the editorial and management teams to ensure smooth functioning of the newsroom, enabling to deliver high-quality news content to the WHRO audience.
- Manages and develops newsroom personnel. Makes hiring decisions; establishes performance goals and guidelines; oversees the evaluation and performance appraisal process across the department; enthusiastically promotes management initiatives.
- Provides leadership and drives strategy for News staff by driving a culture of creativity, respect for one another and overall excellence in a multi-platform environment.
- Oversee budgeting, resource allocation, and procurement processes to ensure the newsroom operates within its financial constraints while meeting its operational needs.
- Works with news team to ensure local reporting is well conceived and provide multi-platform, high quality, accurate coverage to improve competitive position in the market.
- Identify and implement new technologies and tools that can enhance newsroom efficiency and facilitate collaboration among team members.
- Actively participate as a member of the Strategic Management Team.
- Implements strategic mission and tactical operation of newsroom while ensuring the highest levels of journalistic, ethical, production and promotion standards are maintained.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators to assess newsroom efficiency and make data-driven improvements.
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration between the newsroom and other departments.
- Develops and maintains a collaborative working relationship with Marketing, Underwriting, Content, and Engineering to analyze performance and identify trends on broadcast and digital platforms.
- Develop contingency plans and protocols for handling unexpected events that may impact newsroom operations.
- Promote culture of continuous improvement, fostering innovation and adaptation to changing industry trends.
- Promotes a digital newsroom culture with staff and works to develop a strategy for continued growth and engagement on digital properties.
- Works with station management in the effective use of resources in managing operations and to develop standards and processes for optimal performance.
- Develops and creates a journalistic professional connection with community.
- Other duties as assigned.