The Staff Accountant is responsible for the daily, monthly and annual invoicing process for the Accounts Receivables function. Responsible for maintaining all A/R entries, Aging Report and reconciliations to G/L each month, bank reconciliations, and cash receipts information for monthly general ledger postings and reconciliations. This position reports to the Senior Director of Finance.
- Maintain membership financial and billing information in CRM & postings in Epicor A/R module.
- Generate and deliver all membership renewal invoices, annual prebill invoices, Forward Atlanta contribution invoices and misc. invoices as needed.
- Timely month-end and annual close of all A/R postings to appropriate G/L accounts.
- Prepare daily and/or weekly cash transmittal reports for payments received.
- Prepare weekly cash report & reconcile to GL for distribution to Investor Relations Team.
- Complete membership payment request forms and/or portal Information.
- Monthly A/R Bad Debt calculation and related journal entries.
- Generate and verify accuracy of monthly A/R detail reports for past dues, write-offs/cancellations and/or other detailed A/R reports and queries as needed.
- Generate and verify accuracy of other on demand reports as needed.
- Assist and/or back up A/P A/R Manager with the processing of daily deposits including system entry and posting.
- Daily bank review for incoming wires/ach payments.
- Bank account reconciliations and related journal entries for multiple banks accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts, AR & AP Sub ledgers to general ledger.
- Assist the Senior Director of Finance with the preparation of monthly “Preliminary” consolidated and entity financial statements for multiple entities by 8th business day following month-end.
- Maintain journal entry files for each company.
- Assist the Senior Director of Finance with the annual budget process.
- Prepare annual audit reports and schedules as required.
- Provide financial customer service to all divisions and departments within the Company.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Finance and/or CFO.
Education and/or Experience:
- A four-year accounting degree a preferred.
- 3-6 years of solid accounts receivable & general ledger accounting experience.
- Hands-on experience in expediting all facets of A/R functional operations in a multi-tiered (membership, customers, etc.) billing environment within a multi-company organization.
- Attention to detail, account analysis and reconciliation skills a must.
- Experience in “Non-Profit” environment a plus, but not required.
Special Communication Skills:
- Good social, written, and verbal communication skills a must.
- Customer service and goal-oriented individual with the ability to work in flexible, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and direction.
- Must have advanced PC proficiency in use of Windows/MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) operating environment. Heavy use of Excel required for job functions.
- Epicor – Platinum useful but not required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to multi-task and manage time to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Interest and willingness to grow professionally with the company.