Newport Restaurant Group is looking for a Staff Accountant to join the team.
This is a remote/hybrid position. 3/4 days in office.
About the POSITION: In the Staff Accountant role, you will be responsible for the general accounting functions of multiple business units, as well as the execution of internal audit procedures and special accounting projects, as assigned.
About YOU: You are independent and able to prioritize tasks. You work well under pressure and have a high degree of attention to detail.
- Perform the daily Sales Import and Audit to ensure daily sales transactions are recorded accurately, reports are saved electronically, and variances are solved daily.
- Ensure appropriate and timely communication with business units to ensure daily processes are completed timely and accurately.
- Prepare and post journal entries while maintaining accurate and reasonable documentation.
- Ensure all cash items are recorded and resolved daily; variance are resolved same day.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner with supporting documentation; ensure adjusting entries are booked accurately and timely.
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales tax analysis to ensure accurate sales tax assessed & collected for assigned business units.
- Review monthly financial statements and expense accounts to ensure entries are booked accurately, for assigned locations and accounts.
- Ensures all transactions are completed in an accurate and timely manner with adherence to a strict daily, weekly, and monthly close schedule.
- Prepare & Review miscellaneous journal entries and schedules, ensure accuracy as assigned per deadline schedule.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed without exception; identify & resolve issues that arise as they relate to responsibilities.
- Ensure miscellaneous projects are completed timely and accurately, as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation - $52,000 - $60,000 / year
- Sick, Holiday, and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits with a flex spending account option
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Short term disability (MA only)
- Great 401k match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk spot options
- Fully paid BJ’s membership
- Manager’s Dining Card
ABOUT Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.