Newport Restaurant Group is looking for an Assistant Controller to join the team.
This is a remote/hybrid position.
About the POSITION: In the Assistant Controller role, responsible for the oversight of all Accounting and Accounts Payable functions. This position will ensure all Accounting and Accounts Payable processes and procedures are followed, employees are properly supervised with adherence to daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
About YOU: You are independent and able to prioritize tasks. You work well under pressure and have a high degree of attention to detail.
- Supervise, train, and mentor direct reports.
- Ensure all staff are provided with appropriate training; provide additional training when needed.
- Review & monitor daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines to ensure all assigned tasks have been completed accurately and timely.
- Ensure all cash transactions are recorded, approved, and reconciled timely.
- Ensure appropriate communication between staff and business units.
- Schedule 1:1 weekly meetings with each direct report to ensure timely communication, questions, training, issues, and goals are discussed.
- Ensure all accounting and accounts payable functions are processed accurately and timely.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed without exception; identify & resolve issues that arise.
- Ensure annual budgets and monthly forecasts are uploaded in accounting software timely and reconcile to consolidated files.
- Maintain Asset Management, capitalize projects and record all monthly entries.
- Review monthly financial statements and expense accounts to ensure entries are booked accurately.
- Ensures all transactions are completed in an accurate and timely manner with adherence to a strict daily, weekly, and monthly close schedule.
- Prepare & Review miscellaneous journal entries and schedules, ensure accuracy as assigned per deadline schedule.
- Review balance sheet workpapers to ensure all activity is appropriate; tickmark explanations provide what, why, how, and when items will be relieved from the balance sheet.
- Primary administrator for DTS Connex, AMS (Multiview) and MV Reports; ensure users and data are maintained timely and accurately.
- Ensure miscellaneous projects are completed timely and accurately, as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation - $90,000-$115,000 / year
- Sick, Holiday, and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits with a flex spending account option
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Short term disability (MA only)
- Great 401k match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk spot options
- Fully paid BJ’s membership
- Manager’s Dining Card
ABOUT Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.