Participant Services Associate
July Business Services (JULY) is seeking an individual for Participant Service Associate. In this role, you will assist retirement plan account holders with questions about their retirement plan via phone call, email, and chat. This position is a great starting point to learn and build a career in financial services with a specialization in the 401(k) and retirement plan industry. As you gain experience and demonstrate excellence, you will have the opportunity for additional career opportunities at JULY based on your personal strengths and interests.
JULY is a growing financial technology retirement plan services company that partners with institutions and financial advisors to design and implement successful retirement plan strategies. We combine innovation and technology with hands-on service to make retirement plans easy for our clients. JULY provides high quality retirement plan services to over 7,000 small and mid-sized employers, representing more than 125,000 plan participants.
Our firm is headquartered in Waco, Texas, and in addition to our home office location, we support a thriving virtual workforce with a strong company culture where employees can grow and develop their professional talents. We have an entrepreneurial and employee-friendly culture and emphasize core values of wow! service, having a servant’s heart, and innovation. We offer competitive salaries and benefits and a family-friendly culture.
At JULY, we know that if we live our Values (below), we will serve our Mission of transforming small business retirement plans through innovation, expertise, and service, and achieve our Vision of enriching lives by shaping the future of retirement.
- Build a Winning Culture
- Foster Strong Relationships
- Pursue Excellence
- Have a Servant’s Heart
- Deliver Wow Service
- Drive Innovation
- Serve as the primary point of contact for retirement plan participants
- Utilize strong communication and service skills to exceed the needs of clients
- Support Distributions team for participant retirement plan withdrawal requests
- Successfully respond to incoming phone calls, emails and chats from retirement plan participants
- Communicate effectively, professionally, and knowledgably with retirement plan participants
- Participate in on-going training to gain comprehensive knowledge of retirement plans
- Collaborate with team members to continually improve department and company performance
- Coordinate with other team members as required for support on distribution related items for plan participants
- Meet predefined individual, departmental, and company key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Communicate plan specific distribution processes and requirements to retirement plan participants
- Maintain documentation on client projects and responses within JULYs CRM software tool
Experience / Credentials
- 2+ years of customer service or retirement plan experience
- Strong written and verbal customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and follow tasks through to completion
- Desire and willingness to serve clients and be empathetic to their needs
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 401(k) Plan with fully vested 5% employer match
- Company pays 100% of employee health insurance
- Three weeks of Paid Time Off
- Ability to work remotely