Rigaku is a world leader in X-ray diffraction, scattering, fluorescence, imaging analyses, Raman spectroscopy, and thermal analysis equipment manufacturing. Rigaku Americas Corporation (RAC) seeks an application scientist/engineer for the X-ray computed tomography (CT) product line with experience collecting and analyzing CT data and providing pre-sales and post-sales customer support. We strive to provide the best technical support in the field from the beginning of the pre-sales process to the end of our products lifetime. We are looking for a scientist/engineer who desires to learn how to be the best technical support provider in the field and join our journey to increase our market share in the CT industry.
- Providing pre-sales and post-sales technical support for Rigaku X-ray CT scanners used for materials research, life science, and industrial research and development, and failure analysis.
- Interviewing potential customers to understand what they are trying to accomplish by using a CT scanner, what resolution, field of view, X-ray energy, etc., are required to accomplish the desired tasks.
- Figuring out which products suit potential customers purposes and assisting the salespeople in selecting the right product while considering the budget and competitors offerings.
- Analyzing potential customers samples and reporting and presenting the results.
- Understanding the customers pain points and analysis goals deeply and presenting the analysis results in a way the customer can easily see that our products will solve their problems and provide the results they are looking for.
- Educating potential customers when they are novice CT users and need to understand the technical specifications correctly to choose the right CT scanner or to interpret and evaluate the analysis results correctly.
- Understanding how to differentiate our products and services.
- Providing user training to the customers that purchased our CT scanners.
- Providing post-sales application support.
- Organizing and presenting educational webinars about CT and its applications.
- Creating marketing materials such as application analysis examples and case studies.