- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional and other loan programs such as Home Equity Lines of Credit, 2nd Mortgages, Home Improvement, down payment assistance and bond programs, reverse mortgages, and non-QM products.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of federal and state guidelines, rules and regulations such as RESPA, TILA, HMDA, TRID etc.
- Advanced ability to analyze complex tax returns and accurately calculate income for all types of borrowers.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, customer service, and communication with all parties involved in the loan cycle.
- Proficient with Encompass, or other paperless mortgage loan origination systems.
- Understanding of all compliance regulations and investor guidelines.
- Strong PC Skills. Must be proficient in MS Windows, Excel, Outlook and Work. Intermediate Excel skills a plus.
- Has knowledge of commonly used terminology, concepts and practices and procedures within the mortgage industry.
- Ability to meet time deadlines while working under pressure.
- Ability to effectively handle simultaneous tasks and projects in a fast paced environment.
- Able to effectively and efficiently work independently or as a member of a team.
- Strong business writing and math skills.
- Ability to effectively analyze loan account related problems and define and create solutions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include some evening and weekend hours
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Reading Skills
- Customer Service
- Math Aptitude
- Organization, Planning, and Time Management
- Computer Literacy – Microsoft Office, Excel
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- NMLS license is a plus
This job may require frequent sitting or standing for long periods of time, and traveling. This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.