Castle Hill Inn is looking for a Reservation/Front Desk Agent to join our Front of House team.
Nestled on 40 secluded acres overlooking the southwestern corner of Narragansett Bay, Castle Hill Inn – a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association – is a coastal haven where guests come to relax and rejuvenate against a spectacular New England backdrop. The property features 33 guest rooms in the Inn’s historic mansion or perched on the sand dunes of our private beach, a catering venue, and two destination restaurants. Castle Hill Inn is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group, a 100% employee-owned company.
About the Position: In the Reservation/Front Desk Agent role, you represent the primary point of contact for our guests and handle all stages of a guest’s stay from arrival to departure.
About You: You are passionate, energetic and to whom pleasing and impressing guests comes naturally. You are an aspiring hospitality professional who is ambitious, eager to learn and understands the value of working in a team-based environment.
- Checking in and checking out guests
- Making, modifying, and cancelling room reservations
- Making room, spa, dining reservations and assisting with arranging any other activities the guests would enjoy
- Answering phones and directing calls to appropriate personnel
- Providing information about rooms, rates, and amenities
- Assisting guests with any special requests or needs
- College degree is preferred. Previous hospitality experience is a plus, but we are willing to train the right person.
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional and organized
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation - $18 / hour
- Sick and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits with a flex spending account option
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- Great 401k match
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot Options
- Discounted BJ’s membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
About Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happ4py through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.