POSITION TITLE: Staff- Therapist – Adolescent Substance Use Treatment Program
DEPARTMENT: Recovery and Wellness
REPORTS TO: Primavera Program Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Union Position
COMPENSATION: Licensed $68,674.68; Master’s Level $58,852.24;
Non-Master’s (2nd Year) $51,510.00 (plus bilingual differential)
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a well-qualified Staff Therapist position in the Adolescent School Based Program (Primavera) of our Recovery and Wellness Department. This program provides substance abuse treatment counseling services primarily in schools located in the Oakland area, Alameda County.
Primavera is a school-based adolescent treatment program that provides intake and assessment, individual, group and family counseling, information and referrals, education groups, social, recreational, and supportive services to youth between the ages of 12 and 21 years of age. The goal of the program is to reduce the likelihood of alcoholism and drug abuse by youth and to assist them in becoming an established and integral part of the community.
- Participates in the evaluation of strengths and needs, the formulation of diagnoses, and the development of treatment plans for clients;
- Services are provided primarily in a school setting, with options to provide services at our clinics, in homes, and/or in the field;
- Coordinates with school staff, participate in COST (Coordination of Services Team) at assigned schools, when appropriate;
- Provides individual, group, and family counseling and psychoeducation to clients and their families;
- Coordinates with SUD Counselors, school staff, and other staff members and community agencies in carrying out treatment plans;
- Participates in staff development programs and in conferences regarding clients and professional clinical approaches;
- Interprets and explains to clients, relatives, community groups about social and emotional factors pertaining to mental illness and substance use;
- Refers clients to appropriate community agencies;
- Provides quality clinical documentation;
- Utilizes a Windows-based computer to send and receive work-related electronic mail, and access and maintain electronic health records and files.
- Monitors and reviews client assessment/plans and approves other staff’s documentation as a back-up to Clinical Supervisor and Director.