Collaborative people. Progressive builders.
Consistently recognized as a best workplace, and for our commitment to safety, sustainability, and community partnerships, BNBuilders hires the very best in the construction industry and strives to create an environment that encourages innovation, responsibility, and client satisfaction. If you are looking to be a part of an open, supportive team and receive exciting challenges that promote personal and professional growth, look no further than BNBuilders!
The Sustainability Coordinator will work alongside the Sustainability Director to execute corporate sustainability goals and assist project teams in achieving green building certifications. He or she will also participate in external industry groups to stay on top of trends and inform BNB’s sustainability strategy.
- Support BNB corporate sustainability strategy by implementing programs to reach energy, waste, and water savings goals and targets.
- Be a resource for project teams in all areas of energy and sustainability to provide expertise.
- Develop educational content; facilitate trainings on various sustainability topics.
- Proactively learn new technologies and strategies to keep BNB on leading-edge.
- Actively participate in external sustainability organizations.
- Actively participate in the business development opportunities by identifying strategies and providing written content for proposals.
- Support the submittal review and documentation and data collection required for LEED, Living Building Challenge (or other) third party certifications.
- Work with design and construction teams to pursue progressive sustainability objectives and identify strategies to meet these goals.
- Quantify embodied carbon impact through full cycle of material procurement, with utilization of digital platforms and collaboration with design team.
- Manage benchmarking of jobsite energy, water and fuel consumption using internal digital platforms; analyze opportunities for continual improvement.
- Provide clear and concise reporting of all jobsite energy and sustainability metrics.
- College degree in Engineering, Construction, Environmental Science, Sustainable Development, Property, or relevant equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a sustainability role.
- Experience working in the construction industry is strongly preferred.
- Possess at least one of the following: Current LEED AP, WELL AP, Fitwel Ambassador, LFA, TRUE Advisor.
- Proficiency preferred, but not required in LEED Online, Embodied Carbon in Construction Calculator (EC3), green building programs and regulations (LEED, Living Building Challenge, CalGreen, Title 24, WELL Building Standard, Fitwel, Net Zero Energy, Net Zero Carbon), MEP Design and Construction, TRUE Zero Waste.
- Willingness to pursue continued education in LEED, sustainability and environmental aspects for project needs.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Comfort level with presenting information to all levels of management.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, online software platforms, with the ability to use spreadsheets and data analysis applications.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively organize responsibilities.
- Self-starter, team player, with ability to bring alternate points of view to the discussion and analysis.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BNB believes in collaboration, team-building, and a strong supervisor/employee relationship. To accomplish this, the duties of this role are not performed in a remote capacity, and we expect that all employees will complete work in an office/job site setting.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the job site. The noise level in the work environment and job site can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
Note: BNBuilders retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of this position at any time.