Gotham Greens is expanding across the United States and seeking a Maintenance Engineer to ensure optimal performance of the greenhouse and production equipment.
The Maintenance Engineer is a key player on our Operations Team and will oversee, manage, and supervise daily repairs and general maintenance of greenhouse equipment and facilities. This is a hands-on role requiring knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, with a focus on irrigation systems, greenhouse maintenance, and installation and repair of production and manufacturing equipment. The Maintenance Engineer will report to the Plant Manager and Director of Greenhouse Facilities. This individual will have the opportunity to work with innovative greenhouse technology and assist in future agricultural projects.
What Youll Do
- Keep all equipment in excellent working condition with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the equipment under the direction of Plant Manager, Director of Greenhouse Facilities, and Maintenance leadership.
- To continually support and improve maintenance services that effectively address problems affecting both equipment and staff
- Work on construction site to oversee and complete commissioning projects and installations
- Conduct electrical installations, including but not limited to; running conduit, sizing wire, based on NEC requirements
- Conduct plumbing installations and repairs
- Maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair all electrical and plumbing equipment
- Install and maintain machinery and control systems
- Perform all preventative maintenance duties as needed
- Perform mechanical and other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all food safety policies and maintain a clean, safe work environment
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Maintain equipment history and analyzes historical trends, records, and document all completed maintenance, modifications, and repairs
- As needed log in to CMMS system to manage the work orders and provide reports
Who You Are
- Minimum 5 Years industrial electric/controls experience
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude in areas such as HVAC, industrial electrical, plumbing, and/or plant operations systems
- Ability to work with voltages as high as 3 phase 480AC
- Ability to utilize electrical testing devices, such as digital multi-meter
- Proven ability to work with PLC and process controls.
- Experience working with RO, boiler, well generator, and septic systems
- Enjoys rolling up their sleeves and being hands-on
- Must be able to interpret wiring diagrams and schematic drawings
- Reads, writes, and comprehends English
- Basic mathematic proficiency
- Ability to work in confined spaces, on ladders, and at heights above 20+ ft, in extreme conditions (hot and cold)
- Forklift certified
- Successful completion of an approved Industrial Electrician or equivalent experience in the electrical trade
- Exemplary performance work history
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work off-shifts, holidays, and weekends as needed
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of nearly 400 is hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.