Signality Signs and Graphics in Marietta, Ohio has an opening for a Sign Shop Technician to work in the production and installation of various sign products including: vinyl lettering on glass, printed images on flat panels, cabinets, channel letters (3D letters), flat cut letters and LED / Message Center electronic signs, among others.
This work is varied and interesting and involves approximately 50% of the work time to be spent outdoors year-round.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Fabricate hard signs and sign boxes by forming and bending metal. May require some basic welding if experienced.
- Paint (spray) metal signs
- Operate stenciling machinery, computers, and associated equipment in preparation of signage.
- Survey sign sites for placement, connection and installation.
- Prepare the site for installation by removing old signage, prepare the surface or structure for new signage, and secure the electrical connections. This includes possible concrete foundation work for the sign’s base.
- Ensure the effective measurement, placement, connection, and installation of all signage.
- Mount and install all signs in accordance with all safety protocols.
- Application of graphics on full vehicle wraps, partial wraps, and piece work vinyl
- Perform maintenance and repairs to signs, as needed, including electrical troubleshooting of signs, LED’s, ballasts, power supplies, etc.
- Clear debris and materials from the sites and company vehicles after installations
- Maintain all necessary communication with the Team daily.
- Properly completing all required paperwork as it pertains to logs, vehicle inspections, work order and timecards daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of electrical wiring, metal fabrication, welding, carpentry and concrete are a plus.
- Some experience or knowledge of various types of signs including vinyl graphics, signage, channel letters, pylons, wall installation and monuments are a plus but not required.
- Previous experience with laminating, weeding, and masking vinyl is a plus but not required.
- Experience with metal bending/cutting machinery, computers and associated equipment a plus.
- Ability to follow manufacturing briefs / designs to fabricate / assemble signs needed.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record is a must.
- Able to work at various heights in the air (20 – 40 feet or more) without concern.