An Autism Therapist/Understudy/Team Instructor needs to:
- Have at least two references that will attest to the Candidate's interpersonal skills, energy, work ethic, commitment to providing optimal education to individuals with autism, their ability to work on a team, leadership skills, integrity, and ability to accept and learn from feedback.
- The ability to physically perform all job duties, keeping students/members safe and in close proximity at all times, particularly on outings, and safely restraining individuals in excess of 100 pounds up to 200 pounds when necessary.
- Pass a background and CORI check; as well as applicable required fingerprinting.
Supervision and Performance Assessment:
- The Autism Therapist / Understudy / Team Instructor will be assigned an individual mentor to support continued skill development and promotional growth opportunities
- Performance requirements are clearly specified, performance is measured frequently, feedback is given immediately, and mastery of particular skills allows access to higher-level skills. Reinforcement, in the form of pay, professional development opportunities, and recognition is tied to performance.
- The Autism Therapist / Understudy / Team Instructor positions will be evaluated on general performance, cooperation, teamwork, and maintenance of the student’s books. The Lead Therapist and/or Clinical Director will assess the Autism Therapist / Understudy on clinical performance. The Team Coordinator and/or Behaviorist will assess the Autism Therapist / Team Instructor on clinical performance.
- Approximately, twice per year, an assessment will be made regarding the Autism Therapist’s performance. Certain data that is continuously or intermittently recorded throughout the year will also be incorporated into the assessment. Within 2 days, the Autism Therapist will have a chance to review the assessment with the person who executed it. From that review, the Autism Therapist will be reinforced for good performance and develop an action plan with the reviewer to enhance performance. A follow-up assessment will be scheduled based on that plan. The purpose of assessment and feedback is to assist the Autism Therapist in continuously improving their performance. It is expected that performance will improve over time. It is also expected that there will always be opportunities to learn and grow.
Benefits NLG provides to its valued employees!
- 100% Paid Tuition! (for an NLG approved Master’s program in Applied Behavior Analysis or Special Education)
- Starting with Over 8 Weeks Off! (Including program closure, holidays, and PTO)
- Affordable and Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- 100% paid employer Dental Insurance
- 403B Retirement plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Mileage Reimbursement (for travel with individuals from your caseload during the work day)
Job Type: Full-time / Part-time
Job Location: Bedford, MA / Billerica, MA
Schedule: Monday to Friday Day
- High School or Equivalent - $45,000 - $49,000
- Undergraduate Degree or Above - $50,000 - $52,000
COVID-19 Considerations: COVID vaccination is encouraged but not required.
License/Certification: Driver’s License (Required)
- Day School Program – Undergraduate Degree (Required)
- Young Adult Program - High School or Equivalent (Required)
Work Remotely: No
NLG is committed to the philosophy and principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the policy of NLG to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified candidates regardless of any race, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, protected genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. NLG expects all employees to support its equal opportunity objective.