ORBA is a certified public accounting and financial advisory firm where individuals and stakeholders of organizations go to build meaningful, one-on-one relationships with an experienced, resourceful, proactive business partner. What separates ORBA are the connections our clients develop in a one-on-one relationship with a proactive partner supported by the resources, people and expertise available within the firm. With exceptional employee retention rates and being honored as one of Chicago’s Top Workplaces (Chicago Tribune, 2021) and Top Workplaces USA (2022) by our very own staff, it is a fact that ORBA is a great place to work.
The Human Resources Director develops, plans, leads, directs and coordinates the policies, activities and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy to provide an employee-orientated, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Oversee the daily workflow of the department.
- Collaboratively build and oversee the talent acquisitions strategies.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Facilitate professional development, training and certification activities with HR staff.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand and identify the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting and retention.
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administer or oversee the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to: compensation, benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, diversity and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Conduct research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resources information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitor and maintain the organization’s compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices and new technologies in human resources and talent management, and apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice and resources to upper management.
- Develop and implement departmental budget.
- Direct ORBA’s Leadership Program.
- Provide coaching and support to mid and senior-level managers to improve their leadership effectiveness.
- Participate in committees and special projects.
- Lead the process of organizational development that plans, communicates and integrates the results of the firm-wide strategic plan for human capital, including but not limited to ORBA’s culture, advancement, change management and staffing.
- Perform other duties as required.