The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or visually impaired, is seeking an Outreach Regional Specialist for the Central North Region (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Wisconsin). Reporting to the National Director of Outreach Services, the Outreach Regional Specialist will serve as a liaison between APH, Central North region and its territories. The Outreach Regional Specialist will create, alone and in collaboration with others, professional development opportunities for service providers in the region and to be shared in-person, by webinar or the learning management system.
This is a remote position with preference given to candidates with residence near a major airport in Illinois or Michigan.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as the lead for selected APH training opportunities and exhibits as needed.
• Develops workshops and/or seminar curriculum, agendas and materials.
• Works with APH staff to develop product information strategies and create product training materials in a range of formats – videos, PowerPoints, blogs, etc. - for use by APH staff and for direct use in the field and in a variety of distance learning events.
• Provides sessions for professional development regarding APH products and services at national, regional and state conferences, including presentations to other gatherings of consumers and professionals. Represents APH at regional and national exhibits and conferences as needed.
• Learns, understands, and disseminates information on APH policies, the Federal Quota system, APH products and services, exhibit policies and procedures, and other vital information.
• Identifies, researches, and maintains extensive working knowledge of APH products for the purpose of training customers and consumers, and for developing training materials for use in-house and in the field.
• Build and maintain relationships with service providers, Ex-Officio Trustees and individuals in the field of blindness to provide training opportunities and product availability.
• Tracking individuals in the blindness field to provide professional development on relevant topics.
• Work with Project Leaders, Customer Service staff and others to create and maintain proficiency in the development and use of APH products and services.