SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE
ELIGIBLE FOR SIGNING BONUS ! !
We are looking for an experienced Staff Attorney to join our Impact Litigation team in Los Angeles.
WHO WE ARE
We are the nation’s largest legal and civil rights organization for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders (NHPI). Our mission is to advocate for civil rights, provide legal services, and education and build coalitions to positively influence and impact Asian Pacific Americans and to create a more equitable and harmonious society. We serve more than 15,000 individuals and organizations every year, focusing on the most vulnerable members of Asian American and NHPI communities while also building a strong voice for civil rights and social justice. With our Advancing Justice affiliates in Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C., we enrich, enhance, and serve our communities all across the country.
WHAT WE BRING
- The special opportunity to join a mission driven team
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules
- Rich medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement options through 403B and match
- Referral and Signing bonuses
WHO YOU ARE
You share our mission of advocacy for Asian Pacific Americans. You enjoy the thrill of serving the public interest while championing civil rights and social justice. You take pride in your work enriching lives and communities in Los Angeles and across the country. You are looking for your next role in an organization that supports your career as much as you support the organization and its goals. You are looking for a job where you make a difference, and your impact is directly proportional to your contribution. You are a game changer. You are a leader. You are an advocate.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Juris Doctorate and an active member in good standing with the California State Bar within 7 months of hire
- Minimum of two (2) years of varied litigation experience
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to complex problems
- Assemble the facts and evidence crucial to cases through creative low-cost investigation strategies, and efficient removal of irrelevant information
- Arrange and preserve facts acquired to further effective communication, identify information still needed, track patterns of behavior, and more efficiently advocate for clients
- Bilingual or biliterate in at least one Asian language strongly preferred (Chinese, Korean, Thai, Tagalog, or Vietnamese)
- Dedication to serving immigrant communities and a sincere commitment to working on behalf of low-income immigrants
- Valid driver's license and/or access to alternative means of transportation