Lead Facilities & HVAC Technician Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Director of Facilities & Operational Logistics
The Lead Maintenance Technician will support the Building Operations Manager in maintaining all facilities, including maintenance of equipment, along with assisting vendors, contractors, and janitorial services. This position will also be responsible for fulfilling the duties of the Building Operations Manager when they are out of the office as well as being a part of the hurricane team that stays onsite in the event of storm watch/warnings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support needs for the building operating systems of the Museum and associated campus buildings, including residential buildings.
- Oversee daily maintenance needs for residential buildings.
- Perform minor repairs related to electrical, plumbing, lighting, ballasts and HVAC equipment.
- Assist in monitoring, adjusting, and maintain proper climate control set points
- Support Building Operations Manager and Director with the maintenance schedule of building, grounds, and facility repairs and replacements.
- Assist with the general maintenance of exterior spaces including parking lot and garden.
- Assist with routine observations and inspections of the facility for potential general maintenance problems and correct them. This includes the mechanical function of all maintenance equipment.
- Report any irregular activity in facility to the Building Ops Manager.
- Assist contractors performing maintenance work in the facility.
- Provide 24-hour response for Maintenance/HVAC emergencies.
- Assist with the overall security and safety of the property, its contents and staff and visitors.
- Assist with post event and programming reviews to provide continuous improvement in processes.
- Communicate with all staff and visitors in a clear, efficient, and effective manner utilizing the appropriate tools, including computers, phones, and CB radios.