This is the entry level of professional work as an actuary in the Actuary unit. At this level, the employee assists the Actuary Director and/or Fiscal Director in actuarial related work. This position performs a wide range of duties under moderate supervision.
In addition to the information contained in this position description, work standards are established by the department. The employee’s performance is measured using these work standards.
I. Major Responsibilities:
1. Compiles and analyzes statistical data concerning current and future rate level needs
2. Assists management in the analysis and evaluation of reserve levels
3. Compiles and analyzes data relating to current or proposed laws or regulations
4. Designs and writes computer programs
5. Assists in the analysis of statistical data and other pertinent information
6. Prepares a variety of reports, spreadsheets, diagrams, and charts
7. Performs other duties as required