POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – 40 hours per week, flexible to the needs of the program; will include weekend hours. Minimum of 30 hours per month observation time in residences and day program sites.
QUALIFICATIONS - BA/BS in Human Services or related field or current NYS licensure as a Registered Nurse. Minimum (2) years’ experience in the field of intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Previous experience in the general oversight of others work preferred. Valid driver’s license is required.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Responsible for the development, completion, documentation, evaluation and training necessary for the effective delivery and implementation of each assigned person’s staff action plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Facilitate and document annual, semi-annual and interim support team meetings; coordinating each staff action plan with all providers’ services and supports.
- Responsible for the development of the staff action plan as a result of review and discussion of life plan at each person’s support team meeting. To include: valued outcomes, goals, supports and services, safeguards.
- Coordinate and complete intake and CSP meetings for people entering a residence or day habilitation program.
- Develop teaching methods for all goals agreed upon at the person’s support team meeting. Monitor documentation and monthly progress. Provide training to staff implementing teaching methods.
- Maintain positive and professional relations with all members of the support team, to include but not limited to: the person and their family/advocate, care manager, clinicians.
- Complete monthly progress notes, ensuring outcomes, response to service and progress is noted. Review and access the delivery or services and make any necessary changes to the staff action plan.
- Coordinate with the person’s support team to ensure compliance with valued outcomes, supports and identified services, reflecting this coordination within the life plan and staff action plan.
- Become an agency trained investigator and POM (personal outcome measures) interviewer.
- Involvement in agency committees as assigned.
- Maintain regular contact with the Director of Program Supports and Services and Lead QIDP.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organization Skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent training and communication skills.
- Required to protect and maintain all confidentiality of information at all times.
- Focus on person centered planning as related to personal outcome measures.
- Knowledge of computer programs including but not limited to: Therap, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY - No supervisory requirements included with this position.
TRAVEL - Travel between all assigned sites is required. Travel to conferences or trainings as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disabled/veteran.