Annunciation Orthodox School is looking for qualified candidates for Extended Day Counselors. Counselors are needed to work with children 3 years old - 8th grade from 2:00-6:00 PM Monday-Friday. Extended Day Counselors help to support a flexible program and create an environment favorable to learning and personal growth. They bring a creative and energetic quality and encourage children to learn through activities and experiences. AOS seeks candidates who are eager to support the School’s Mission as we develop the “hearts and minds" of our students.
Reports to: Director of Extended Day
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 2:00-6:00 PM with additional time as needed for meetings and
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of students in order to meet the intended outcomes
- Assure campers are properly supervised at all times
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for students and staff
- Apply youth development principles in working with students through communication,relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement and empowerment of youth
- Act as a role model to students and staff in your attitude and behavior
- Build relationships with students and families who utilize the Extended Day program.
- Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their students to have a successful experience
- Actively participate in all program areas as assigned
- Provide for a progression of activities within the framework of individual and group interests and abilities
- Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care, and maintenance is adhered to