THE ORGANIZATION: Mi Familia Vota (MFV), the Latinx-led organization with the largest field operation in the nation, uses a holistic approach to build political power. We are located in seven strategic states: AZ, CA, CO, GA, FL, NV, TX and NC. We engage our community around the most prevalent issues to ensure the construction of a healthy democracy and the advancement of a national Latino-progressive agenda. MFV utilizes a variety of strategies to reach our community including: citizenship, door-to-door voter education, registration and mobilization, issue organizing, leadership development, advocacy, accountability campaigns and litigation.
SUMMARY: Visits businesses and residential homes in Latino communities with the goal of increasing Latinos’ political engagement and voter registration. This is a seasonal part-time position with possible opportunities for contract extension.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Canvasses Latino communities for voter registration, education and mobilization efforts. Identifies likely voters for the November elections.
- Engages community members and voters around voter registration, voter education, Vote by Mail and Get Out The Vote (GOTV). Increases Latino voter turnout through Get Out The Vote tactics.
- Follow all required reporting procedures.
- Follows all established safety and security protocols. Escalates any concerns to Canvas Lead.
- Promotes an environment in which equal opportunity and diversity are valued.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.