SEASON DATES: JUNE 12, 2023 - OCTOBER 27, 2023
Founded in 1876, the Appalachian Mountain Club is the oldest conservation, education and recreation organization in the United States. The AMC promotes the protection, enjoyment, and wise use of the mountains, rivers and trails of the Appalachian region. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies, and procedures.
Beyond Maine’s bustling seaports and crowded resort towns lies an untarnished wilderness full of mountain landscapes. Nestled here, in the 100 Mile Wilderness, sit three off the grid Wilderness Lodges owned and operated by the Appalachian Mountain Club. Provide the full-service lodging experience to guests vacationing at one location or adventuring from lodge to lodge. If this sounds like a destination that you would like to explore and you're interested in a dynamic hospitality position, consider joining our team as a member of the Lodge Crew!
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist guests and visitors in a positive manner.
- Respond to any problems or special requests with a professional demeanor.
- Interact with guests regarding local information, lodge amenities, organizational efforts and programs.
- Assist with the set-up, delivery, and clean-up of meal service including making daily trail lunches
- Clean and sanitize all food service and dining areas on a daily basis.
- Participate in the daily cleaning and upkeep of guest rooms, common areas and bathrooms.
- Participate in deep cleaning of the lodge and other areas on a weekly/monthly basis or as instructed.
- Assist with groundwork, including but not limited to snow removal, firewood stacking, and solar array clearing
- Implement energy conservation and environmentally sound practices daily
- Other duties as assigned. This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.