At JSL you are part of a warm and inviting community that provides support services and quality living to older adults. Our residents enjoy a full range of social/cultural programs and activities while residing in our assisted living communities.
The right candidate for this position is someone who truly enjoys the company of older adults and who will be dedicated to ensuring their wellness and safety. This position requires exemplary character and integrity be exhibited while carrying out the duties of this position.
Position Overview: JSL is searching for a Social Worker to be part of our leadership team and will work closely with our residents and families. This candidate will be responsible for complying with federal, state, local and facility policies, procedures, and licensing regulations.
Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Conduct pre-residency social work assessments of potential residents.
- Provide psychosocial support to residents and families to ensure successful adjustment to the assisted living facility.
- Conduct follow up assessments after move in and as needed, including daily rounding and charting.
- Monitor the needs of residents routinely and maintain a list of those residents at risk of functional decline.
- Identify residents in need of service, either through direct referral (from families, other residents, staff, etc.), or by the regular review and follow up of incident reports.
- Complete psychosocial assessments, UAI’s and other required documentation in accordance with department policy, and State and Federal regulations.
- Assists with the resident services function from admission through discharge, to include room changes, and transition planning when appropriate, in collaboration with staff.
- Attend and participate in supervisory meetings, weekly Resident Review meetings, and other meetings as needed.
- Lead and participate in support group activity and council for residents/families.
- Participate in marketing events, tours, and open houses as needed.