TITLE: Personal Trainer (FLSA non-exempt) R 4.13
- Honest, organized, with strong work ethic
- Ability to design and implement programs for clients.
- Certified through national organization (ACE, AFFA, NASM, ACSM, NEIDTA) NASM preferred.
- Adult CPR with AED training and First Aid certificate.
- Prefer some college from an institution accredited by the U.S. Department of Education, especially anatomy and basic knowledge of fitness principles.
- Must have a complete and up-to-date understanding of personal training for levels being taught, including warm-ups, stretches and workouts that produce results.
- Understand, build and implement workout plans for clients that will help them achieve their goals.
- Perform New Member Personal Trainings and Assessments as needed, especially while building clientele.
- Maintain client records including workouts, training sessions while ensuring all sessions provided have been paid for as well as accurately debited from CLASS.
- Ensure all sessions are used in a timely manner avoiding requests for extensions for any reason other than medical.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled staff meetings and in service trainings.
- Actively participate and attend continuous education experiences such as seminars, conferences, etc to stay current with the most up to date training techniques and skills.
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with Park District policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
- Supports and exhibits the established organizational values of respect, communication, integrity, innovation, recognition, continuous learning, fun, empowerment and people.
- Work as scheduled.
- Follow and enforce all state, county, and Park District laws, rules, regulation, and policies.
- Set an example for fitness performance.
- Must wear proper attire (shirt, proper shoes, no hats, nametag).
- In an emergency, supervisor must be notified or paged immediately.
- Answer patron concerns, comments, and question about fitness and memberships.
- Responsible for accurately recording payroll.
- Maintain positive relationships with the members and staff.
- Responsible for giving feedback to supervisor on facilities, staff and programs.
- Coordinate assistance as needed from Parks and Planning for programs.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
Will be dependent upon scheduling of clients sessions, new member personal trainings, and assessments, consultation and staff meetings.
RATE OF PAY:
Varies Based on Experience and Sessions Worked
$13.50-$24.50 per session
BENEFITS: PT Staff receive an Individual Outdoor Pool Membership and Individual Health & Fitness Membership (which includes use of the indoor pool) during the employment period.