Who We Are
Lead by highly successful physician executives with a mission to improve health care quality for underserved populations, Rendr Physicians is a primary care driven multi-specialty medical group serving approximately 100,000 patients through its 40 locations in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens.
Medical Insurance Refund and Recoupment Specialist is responsible for managing and organizing all incoming insurance refunds, offsets and recoupments from third party payers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigates and resolves incoming insurance refund requests and recoupments
- Communicates with payers in order to resolve credit balances
- Appeals refund and recoupment requests as necessary
- Resubmits claims to correct insurance payers
- Identifies trends and escalates when necessary
- Maintains accurate, clear, concise, and complete account notes and other relevant information
- Updates patient insurance information in Billing System as required from information received through refund requests and recoupments
- Updates accounting spreadsheet and reconciles open request on a monthly basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have basic accounting experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Research and problem-solving ability
- Bilingual in Chinese/English preferred.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Work Experience: 1-3 years’ experience in a professional healthcare setting handling claims, denials, accounts receivables, refunds and recoupments required. #ZR