The Patient Care Representative (PCR) will act as a direct contact for orthopedic patients who are in receipt of durable medical equipment and items prescribed/ordered by physicians. The PCR works in a setting that is conducive to patient care, primarily in patient homes, clinics and hospitals in the Wichita, KS area. They will educate patients on all available durable medical equipment options we provide for their care. They will serve as a liaison between the administration team and patients in a compliant and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Regular and punctual attendance at work is an essential job function of each position and is necessary to your individual effectiveness and that of your work group. Regular and punctual attendance is required of all employees.
- Review daily schedule from PCR Lead and current orders from administration team each day and ensure that all documentation needed to complete each task is present and accurate.
- Deliver, fit, educate, set-up, any DME items for patient prescribed from a physician.
- Responsible for processing sales of additional DME products to the patient as needed.
- Pick-up, troubleshoot, clean, and maintain all inventory and equipment supplied to patients while following strict and compliant policies and procedures.
- Deliver required paperwork to patient, obtain patient's signatures, and supply patient with educational materials.
- Pick up, review and request necessary changes/documentation of PPA forms from AMG clinic locations.
- Deliver all necessary paperwork to the administration team in a timely, organized, and legible manner.
- Available for On-Call shifts
- Maintains high level of integrity and confidentiality; completely versed and follows guidelines in patient privacy (HIPAA) at all times.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.