This Volunteer position is to assist the YMCA ELOP programs at Tustin Unified school sites.
The YMCA recognizes the vital role volunteers play in accomplishing its mission of strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. By participating in YMCA activities, volunteers are able to enrich their lives and receive personal satisfaction in assisting others in need. These types of volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to, coaches, counselors, tutors, greeters, and special events volunteers. Volunteers support our programs by creating a positive learning environment where youth can learn skills and character values.
KEY VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and support the volunteer programs, goals, and objectives of the YMCA as a community organization
- Provide guidance and instruction to youth, teens, and/or adults in assigned program area
- Assist with planning and organizing program schedules and activities
- Follow and enforce safety regulations and applicable policies, and report any incidents or injuries to YMCA staff
- Assist with teaching character development values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility
- Come dressed for the activities assigned (i.e., tennis shoes for sports activities)
- Ensure that communication with members, staff, and the public is friendly and professional
- Arrive on time for volunteer assignment and be flexible if needs change for volunteer assignment
- Carry out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and appropriate manner
- Perform additional enumerated responsibilities of specific volunteer role