Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale, and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.
Consistently profitable with a talented and stable leadership team, our company is seeking an experienced and creative Sales Representative in Kent, WA to help take our retail and wholesale business to the next level.
What you'll do...
- Achieve sales objectives consistent with company volume and profit targets, while offering the highest level of customer service, teamwork, and integrity
- Work with sales manager to create sales strategy and forecast
- Conduct prospecting on phone and in person necessary to fill pipeline with qualified leads
- Resolve customer concerns by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations
- Assist transportation department in managing service levels and customer expectations
- Perform work at a level which promotes a positive image of Pacific Coast Fruit Company within the organization and the marketplace
- Understand and capitalize on market conditions
- Negotiate commodity programs with buyers and customers
- Strategically manage price lists
What we look for...
- High School diploma or GED, college degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of produce/perishable product sales or brokerage experience including new business development.
- Established book of business and network of customers located in Washington
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an effective high sales closing ratio and history of significantly growing sales and income year over year
- Experience selling to multi store unit customers
- Great reputation and passion for meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment
What you'll gain...
- Competitive starting salary ($70-$90k depending on experience and qualifications) and commission plan with unlimited earnings opportunity
- Comprehensive health insurance package including, medical, dental, vision, long term disability, 401(k) and profit-sharing plan as well as paid time off
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- A place to grow, where innovation and new ideas are always welcome