Project Manager - Natural Resources
BL Companies is 100% employee owned, giving us a competitive edge and a unique distinction from most other companies. We offer a competitive benefit package which includes 6 paid holidays plus the week from Christmas to New Years paid, generous PTO, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k matching, and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. We are an ENR Top 500 firm that provides engineering, architecture, land surveying, and environmental consulting services to the public and private sectors. BL has 14 offices and is expanding.
Our employee owners are capable of being successful working in hybrid environments, and we are now offering opportunities to continue in this setting.
Our growth offers an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager in our Natural Resources group. This position requires a high focus on resource and workload planning and managing the successful delivery of Environmental Projects. This role will also require participation in business development practices to grow and support the region.
The selected candidate will have a degree in natural sciences and Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS), having a minimum of 10 years experience in the successful completion and/or management of multiple large complex projects. Experience with the direct management of employees and demonstrated business development success preferred.
The implementation of project scopes of work related to environmental investigations. These scopes may include wetland delineation, wetland permitting, agency coordination, non-environmental permitting tasks, environmental inspections, or site assessment activities. The Senior Scientist is expected to complete and price the scope of work for each project and coordinate fieldwork and whatever subcontractors are required for a given project.
- Knowledge of applicable wetland and permitting regulations as well as NEPA screening tools.
- Detailed understanding of regulatory requirements and limitations to apply during wetlands data analysis.
- Independently complete site review and desktop analysis, conduct field studies, prepare the project report, and discuss findings and implication with project team and project stakeholders, clients and regulatory agencies as warranted.
- Detailed knowledge of all applicable environmental regulations for jurisdiction project is situated in, knowledge of site vegetation, soils, and hydrology.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and application during data analysis in evaluating potential permitting needs to complete the project.
- Plan, coordinate, communicate and facilitate activities of multiple disciplines on projects of all sizes from conception through completion.
- Advanced report and permit writing skills
- Proficiency in phone/e-mail skills for interaction with client or agency contacts should increase. Project manager shall develop skills necessary to independently interface with clients, regulators and to scope projects and prepare complex cost proposals.
- Ensure successful completion of projects through collaboration and coordinating with internal and external clients maximizing project profitability and meeting billable targets.
- Participate in leadership development programs providing a unique opportunity to make a broad and significant contribution to BL while advancing their leadership skills.
- Certified as CPSS
- PWS is a plus
- 10 years of environmental project management experience
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Business development experience (preferred)