CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled (First review February 17, 2023)
POSITION: On-Call Housekeeping/Maintenance
SALARY: $18.54 per hour
REPORTS TO: Facilities Supervisor/Operations Manager
LOCATION: Inchelium Clinic, Inchelium, WA/SanPoil Valley Health Center, Keller, WA
The Housekeeping/Maintenance staff are under the supervision of the Facilities Supervisor and/or the facility Operations Manager. The Housekeeping/Maintenance staff provide general cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition. Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors. Cleaning and stock restrooms. Ensure doors are locked after hours. Clean up spills with appropriate equipment. Perform minor repairs. Notify and prepare work orders for supervisor/manager of major repairs. Collect and dispose of trash. Individuals are also responsible for minor repairs fix and maintain mechanical equipment, buildings, and machines if possible. Tasks include minor plumbing work, painting, flooring repair and upkeep, electrical repairs and heating and air conditioning system maintenance. Our goal for this position is to contribute to the maintenance of LRCHC facilities in a safe and sanitary manner.
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED, or related degree from a technical college, or practical experience in housekeeping/maintenance of facilities (2-3 years documented)
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices
- Experience performing routine maintenance
- Washington State drivers license
- Must possess BLS Basic Life Support certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Blood Borne Pathogen training certification (or willingness to obtain)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Conduction routine inspections of premises and equipment
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance
- Reparing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary
- Proven maintenance experience
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of safety standards
- Strong time management skills
- Sufficient knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation to prepare professional correspondence and write and edit report text
- Sufficient human relations skill to work productively and cooperatively with other work teams, exercise patience when dealing with internal and external customers
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, physically able to bend/stoop, twist, and reaching
- Operation of equipment tools, foot controls, etc.
- Requires sufficient hand-eye-arm coordination utilized to operate a variety of maintenance, dental and general office equipment
- Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers
- Requires auditory ability to carry on conversations over the phone and in person
Note: Pursuant to Tribal Policy, if this position is safety sensitive it is subject to pre-employment drug testing. In addition, this position is subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug testing.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY; PREFERENCE WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETERANS WHO ARE MINIMALLY QUALIFIED.
If required of this position, you must possess and maintain a valid Washington State drivers license and be eligible for the Tribes Vehicle Insurance. In addition, this position may be subject to pre-employment background clearances. If applicable, these clearances must be maintained throughout employment. Documented Covid-19 vaccination is required.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers, Human Resources Department, P. O. Box 290, Inchelium, WA 99138, Contact Leeann Romero, 509-722-7686 or email@example.com