Consultant, Research & Evaluation Initiatives
The Sperling Center for Research and Innovation (SCRI)
The Consultant, Research & Evaluation Initiatives, manages projects focused on measuring and documenting the impact of high-quality youth programs.
SCRI prioritizes evidence-based practice, translating research and insights to improve programming and experiences for young people. Client consulting engagements range from strategy, planning and design, to research and evaluation, continuous improvement, and technical assistance. The Consultant, Research & Evaluation Initiatives, leads and manages: 1) key research and evaluation consulting projects across a diverse portfolio of clients, and 2) dissemination of key research and evaluation findings and best practices.
Broad expertise in social science research, educational research and evaluation methods, writing, youth programming, client relationship management, and project management are critical for the Consultant role. Experience and demonstrated ability to lead and manage a project from design to completion is an important part of this role.
The Consultant, Research & Evaluation Initiatives, reports to the Partner, Research & Evaluation Initiatives, and will be responsible for collaborating with other Consultants both within the Research & Evaluation Initiatives team and the Consulting Services team at SCRI. The Consultant will have ability to travel up to 20% when conditions are safe to do so.
The Consultant, Research & Evaluation Initiatives, leads and manages: 1) key research and evaluation consulting projects across a diverse portfolio of clients, and 2) dissemination of key research and evaluation findings and best practices. All engagements are intended to improve access, quality, and outcomes in youth development and/or education.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Independently lead and manage key research and evaluation consulting projects from design to completion, ensuring all approaches are grounded in evidence to meet client needs.
- Work along the Co-Partners in proposing, designing, and implementing high-quality research and evaluation strategies and methods based on client needs and best practices in youth development and support services, education, out-of-school time, youth-related research and evaluation.
- Work alongside the Co-Partners to review RFPs as well as review and contribute (if necessary) to proposals, budgets, and scopes of work for new client engagements.
- Ensure client satisfaction and engagement success, including thorough documentation of client meetings, deliverables, and outcomes.
- Foster connections and relationships between SCRI and peer organizations to keep abreast of field trends, recent and related research findings, and potential new client engagements.
- Develop internal relationships across SCRI and BellXcel teams to identify opportunities for collaboration, knowledge sharing, and adaptation of BellXcel products and services to address the needs of SCRI clients.
- Present research findings at conferences, meetings or online events.
- Disseminate key findings, best practices, and recommendations through client case studies, research briefs, and tool development.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Partner.
Consultant, Research & Evaluation Initiatives, will have a bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred, in a related field and at least 5+ years’ experience in consulting services (preferred) or a similar educational or social science research and evaluation role, with demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and client engagements in fast-based and dynamic virtual work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written with dynamite writing and presentation skills.
- Effective project management and organizational skills.
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, and managing quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation projects, including survey research, focus groups, in-depth interviews, literature research, and descriptive and inferential data analysis.
- Evidence of ability to summarize and disseminate research and evaluation findings and recommendations to a diverse range of lay and technical audiences.
- Evidence of ability to develop tools, resources and services that drive increased access, quality, or outcomes in youth program or school settings.
- Commitment to equity as a cornerstone of BellXcel’s and SCRI’s work.
- Experience in youth development, education, and/or a non-profit setting preferred.
- Ability to work and manage client engagements across multiple time zones, as needed.
- Proven track record using both quantitative statistical (SPSS, R, Stata) and qualitative research (MaxQDA, Dedoose, etc.) software.
- Potential for up to 10% travel when safe to do so, including the occasional weekend.
- Desire to collaborate as a critical team member—bringing energy and passion to SCRI.
The Sperling Center for Research and Innovation (SCRI), an affiliate of BellXcel, is dedicated to elevating the quality and impact of schools and youth-serving organizations by making evidence actionable. SCRI draws on BellXcel’s decades of firsthand implementation experience to bridge the research to practice to policy gap, continuously bringing practical learning and insights to ease the work of others. SCRI is a remote organization, working with partners and clients nationwide and across multiple time zones.
BellXcel's software platform is the engine for youth programming. Built from decades of proven experience, BellXcel's time-saving digital tools power high-quality programs for youth-serving organizations so they can spend less time dealing with program logistics and paperwork, and more time focused on what truly matters most: elevating the potential of youth.
Perks & Benefits
- Remote work environment
- Competitive salary
- Self-managed paid time off, which includes vacation, sick and personal time
- Opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, mission-focused environment
- Typical benefits included: 401(k) with matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.