We are looking for a Licensed Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) to assist and oversee our adolescent outpatient treatment recovery program. If you have a passion for working with youth and want to make a difference in the lives of our youth - apply today!
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s degree in the mental health/social services field and one-year behavioral health work experience, in substance abuse counseling, crisis interventions, case management, behavioral interventions, therapy, assessment and intake, or related areas with high risk youth.
- Must be currently licensed in Arizona as one of the following: LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LISAC, LAC, LMSW, LAMFT, LASAC, Registered Nurse, Licensed Psychologist
- Oversees the provision of evidence-based practices and programs, including treatment, intervention, and prevention strategies.
- Works with adolescents 13 – 20 years of age in individual or group sessions.
- Provides clinical oversight per licensure requirements. Ensures adherence to best practice models for IOP curricula.
- Reviews and signs clinical documentation within licensure timeline requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Spanish (preferred)
- Ability to work with high-risk teens
- Experience working with youth in recovery
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both verbal and written form
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Conducts clinical assessments of client substance use/abuse and mental health issues; develops treatment plans
- Plans and carries out individual, family, and group counseling treatment
- Performs case management tasks necessary to scheduling and conducting assessments, determining client program eligibility, tracking/recording and reporting on client progress.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of clients on caseload.
- Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative, complete projects independently as assigned
- Ability to multi-task and have time management skills
- Ability to positively interact and develop rapport with clients and families, professional support staff, team members, and various levels of staff from community agencies
- Able to maintain a calm, non-defensive, supportive attitude at all times and during stressful situations
- Trained annually in nonviolent intervention. Must demonstrate ethical behavior in accordance with the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (AzBBHE)
- Knowledge of DSM diagnosis and criteria
- Implement trauma-informed care approach
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied social, cultural and educational backgrounds
- Excellent overall computers skills including Microsoft Office, databases, and spreadsheets
- Ability to coordinate services and implement processes as directed by supervisor
- Must be able to use the following equipment: personal computer, including spreadsheet, word processing; telephone; switchboard; calculator; typewriter; and copy machine
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some evenings
- Must be able to obtain a valid Arizona driver's license and become insurable
- Must be able to obtain or current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR
- Must be able to obtain a Fingerprint clearance card
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met, or are encountered, by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
I have read and understand the contents of the above job description and agree to comply with the requirements of the position. I understand that the duties and responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs.