A Youth Programs Shift Lead Coach is someone who is enthusiastic and proactive in the development of the next generation of climbers. Lead Coaches are patient, understanding, and adaptable to the climbing needs of each climber and assists fellow coaches in case questions arise.
- Expert on all the responsibilities of a Youth Programs Coach;
- Complete tasks on the Lead Coach training checklist set by the Programs Manager;
- Leads by example to help motivate and inspire staff;
- Manages the completion of checklists and ensures staff are completing the tasks throughout the day;
- Manages the daily schedule to ensure all staff are following scheduled breaks & lunches and abiding by state & federal laws;
- Manager on duty to resolve customer issues/complaints that escalate beyond what the frontline staff can handle in the absence of the department supervisor and/or manager;
- Communicates any operational, customer service, risk management, and staff issues with Programs Manager;
- Leads Huddles to communicate any operational, location, and/or departmental information.