Position: Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Location: Downtown Charleston, SC
Hours: Full-Time, Hourly. Some overtime, weekends, and evenings may be required.
The Charleston Gaillard Center is an 1,800-seat performance hall located in Charleston, South Carolina. The facility also contains 16,000 square feet of exhibit and meeting space, along with office and public spaces. The Charleston Gaillard Management Corporation (CGMC) is a non-profit 501c3 organization responsible for managing the facility.
The Charleston Gaillard Centers mission is to provide the Lowcountry with a world-class performance hall, elegant venue space, and vibrant educational opportunities inspiring our dynamic community through the power of the performing arts. We seek to enrich the diverse community of Charleston with artistic and cultural experiences that are accessible and unique, and to serve as an education resource for generations to come. For more information about the Charleston Gaillard Center, please visit http://www.gaillardcenter.org.
The Charleston Gaillard Management Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Individuals from underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
The Marketing and Social Media Coordinator (MSMC) coordinates the day-to-day marketing, creative, and social media activities of the Charleston Gaillard Center including communications, media materials, branding, and social media strategies for the Gaillard Center.
- Coordinating and maintaining Charleston Gaillard Center brand standards.
- Coordinating and assisting with the design of marketing initiatives including professional-quality advertisements, illustrations, website, social media, and video.
- Coordinate design projects with freelance designers, photographers, and videographers.
- Coordinate and design e-mail notifications.
- Coordinate, design, and assemble marketing materials.
- Develop and curate engaging content for all social media platforms.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and image content.
- Attend events and produce live social media content at both the Gaillard Center and throughout Charleston.
- Maintain a unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to create a social media calendar.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Perform other marketing duties as needed.
- Maintain all marketing records, invoices, and filing.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Marketing, Design, Communication, or Public Relations; or in place of a degree, 5+ years of relevant experience.
- 1-3 years related experience
- Must have a strong demonstrable working background in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience working in Adobe Premier is preferred
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Strong computer proficiency, skills, and demonstrated background in Adobe Creative Suite is required
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Required attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow instructions
- Experience in non-profit or performing arts preferred
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in non-profit or performing arts programs
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs during the interview process
- Must be able to manage the physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations. Requirements include carrying the tools of the trade, including but not limited to a laptop computer, and digital camera; setting up signs, banners, and displays; carrying boxes; and remaining at and moving around within events for extended hours.
The Gaillard provides a competitive benefit package that includes:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Parking is provided in close proximity to the venue
NO PHONE CALLS
The CGMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Individuals from underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.