As a Recruiter, you will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract qualified candidates for the firm, while also assessing their relevant knowledge and experience. The Recruiter is responsible for identifying future hiring needs, designing job descriptions, sourcing candidates through databases and social media, scheduling interviews, filing paperwork, and keeping abreast of employment law legislation.
• Design and implement overall recruiting strategy
• Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
• Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives
• Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job board/newspapers/colleges etc.
• Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media etc.
• Screen candidates resumes and job applications
• Conduct phone interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule
• Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience, and aptitudes
• Onboard new employees to become fully integrated
• Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
• Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
• Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
• Promote firm’s reputation as “best place to work”
• Evaluates and reports success of campaigns when completed.
• Attend trade shows, career fairs, and community fairs and staffs the firm booth.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Solid ability to conduct several types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc.)
• Hands on experience with various selection processes (video interviewing, phone interviewing, reference check etc.)
• Ability to organize skills assessment centers (in tray activities, work samples, psychometric and IQ/EQ tests, etc.)
• Strong decision-making skills
• Remain up to date with employment legislature and keeps informed on company hiring policies.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree Business, Communications, or Human Resources related field preferred.
• One to two years of related experience in recruiting, communications, or human resources.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift fifteen pounds at times.
Work Hours and Overtime:
• Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
• This job is a salaried position and due to the nature of the business and position, may require different/additional hours to accomplish the objectives.
• Extended hours to complete projects or attend events must be approved by the Operations Director.
• Same day travel will be required about 30% of the time for this position; thus, employee must have reliable transportation, an active driver’s license, and valid automobile insurance.
• All efforts will be made to give advance notice as possible for required out-of-town overnight travel arrangements.