The Admissions Director is responsible for achieving budgeted starts for the campus and the supervision, training and motivation of Admissions Representatives. The Admissions Director is also responsible for ensuring compliance of the admissions process and all other administrative responsibilities of the admissions department.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ensure budgeted starts are met or exceeded through the supervising, monitoring and participating in the enrollment process.
- Ensure all student inquiries are accurately recorded and distributed, all prospective students and visitors are treated courteously, and that reports are completed accurately and forwarded to the appropriate people in a timely manner.
- Participate in new student orientations, graduations and other activities as assigned.
- Ensure Admissions Representatives have the necessary product knowledge to accurately present our programs.
- Ensure that enrolled students meet admissions entrance requirements as published in the school catalog and all admissions documents are complete and accurate.
- Hire, train and supervise departmental personnel and assure departmental compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations, licensing and accreditation standards and guidelines, Concorde policies and procedures and computer data input, file maintenance, and report generation.
- Regularly meet with individual Admissions Representatives to review their activity and enhance their skills. Coach & counsel for improved performance as warranted and prepare performance evaluations as required by Concorde policy.
- Ensure that the Admissions process reflects Concorde’s Mission and Values.
- Ensure that the approved training process is used in developing new Admissions Representatives.
Relationship Builder - Establishes friendly, candid and trusting relations; cultivates a network of contacts throughout the organization and community; treats others fairly and with respect; seeks resolution of disagreements through open, constructive discussion.
Problem Solver/Decision Maker/Executor - Recognizes problems and devises and implements action plans. Specifies goals and constraints, generates alternatives, considers risks, and evaluates and chooses best alternatives. Is results focused and maintains a healthy balance between efficiency and effectiveness.
Effective Negotiator - Demonstrates ability to effectively facilitate parties toward a "win win" agreement; identifies key players; defines objectives, significant issues, and shared interests; determines motivational drivers and potential obstacles for all parties; communicates effectively; gains results without either party losing face.
Staff Development & Team Building – Identifies goals and vision for group; guides individuals and teams toward priorities; clarifies roles and responsibilities of others and energizes individuals to achieve; coordinates resources and arranges organizational systems to meet objectives. Encourages personal investment and a desire to excel by others; spurs others to action; recognizes and rewards others' accomplishments. Is able to identify key talent and build a pipeline of next generation talent. Develops those employees through the application of talent management methods to include mentoring, individual development planning, and career pathing.
Talent Manager - Employs creative sourcing and critical selection techniques to recruit and retain a high caliber, highly energized, and highly effective workforce. Recognizes individual contributions within an integrated team environment that challenges staff to deliver against high and demanding standards. Engages in multi-dimensional interaction with all levels of employee resulting in clear and understandable outcomes. Manages the workplace with a sense of vision and passion that motivates and unleashes staff potential.
Effective Communicator - Speaks clearly and expresses self well in all situations; listens to others' ideas and opinions; keeps others informed; writes clearly and concisely; extracts substance from complex issues and organizes content effectively; selects appropriate media and message for the audience.