Eastside Preparatory School’s vision is to inspire students to create a better world. Our mission is to guide students to think critically, act responsibly, lead compassionately, and innovate wisely. The four mission components guide the development of curriculum as well as the evolution of the EPS culture. Founded in 2002, Eastside Prep was re-accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS) in January 2019. Eastside Prep has grown from 17 students in 2003-2004 to a projected total of 530 students for academic year 2023-2024.
Position Summary: Reports to the Upper School Head. Responsibilities will include developing curriculum and teaching Geoscience and Astronomy in the Upper School. New teachers are expected to be on campus beginning August 17, 2023.
What’s interesting about teaching at Eastside Prep?
- Eastside Prep offers an inquiry-based, experiential, integrated curriculum.
- The curriculum at Eastside Prep has been developed—and is continually revised—by the faculty who teach it.
- Teachers work collaboratively across disciplines and across grade levels.
- Eastside Prep teachers work with students in a variety of group configurations including classes, advising, project development and implementation, and extra-curricular activities.
- A school-wide ethic of good citizenship guides faculty and staff in their interactions with families and colleagues.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, and a willingness to participate in the full life of the school are especially welcome.
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 18, with several classes averaging 14 -16 students.