TITLE: Alumni Relations Assistant
Classification (FLSA): Non-Exempt, Hourly
REPORTS TO: Director of Alumni Relations
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Entering its 45th Anniversary Year and poised to unveil a brand-new chapel within in the next academic year, Christendom College is entering one of the most exciting moments in its relatively short institutional history. Alumni are a key component of the Christendom family, and we are looking for the right person to join our team at this crucial moment in time.
The Alumni Relations Assistant supports and advances the strategic goals of the Alumni Relations office. Reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations, the Alumni Relations Assistant will be responsible for executing key alumni initiatives, maximizing alumni engagement through a variety of channels, and providing excellent customer service to all alumni and benefactors.
- Supervises key projects within larger social/spiritual/giving events like Homecoming, Retreats, and Senior Philanthropy Board.
- Manages the day-to-day oversight/monitoring of the alumni social media platforms.
- Oversees the daily management of the alumni portal (soon to become the Almabase alumni platform).
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with alumni support activities, events planning and execution including the annual October Homecoming, the annual Alumni Lenten Retreat, the annual Giving Day event, the senior Philanthropy Board, and other alumni activities.
- Help with the planning and implementation of alumni and donor stewardship including the unique Holy Hour card program, the annual Impact Report for tax letters, and Alumni and Donor Honor Rolls.
- Engage successfully with all alumni, benefactors, and students in person as well as by postal mail, email, phone, and on social media.
- Prepare communications to keep alumni informed of college news and collect updated info and news from alumni to update the alumni database.
- Coordinate on behalf of the alumni office internal and external meetings, appointments, calendars, travel, and tours.
- Oversee organization of alumni office, alumni storage area, and alumni gift shop by maintaining inventory, increasing merchandise variety, and overseeing the sales of items to internal and external guests.
- Enter data accurately in the donor database, alumni platform, on social media and various spreadsheets and online forms.
- Assist with the promotion, collection, and preparation of the Classmates Updates section within the Instaurare magazine.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time for the needs of the College, but a discussion between the employee and supervisor will take place prior to the change.